The rally racing jazz taxi driver, the insane vendors who run when the cops pull up, the gypsies and just the Italians in general give Italy some of the features which makes it fanatical but unique. Italy is by far the craziest place I have ever been to. Rome is even higher on the scale. The simple fact is that it would be “Impossible” to find a small canister and the “device could be anywhere. Vatican City is enormous” (Brown, 166).
When I arrived at the square the first thing I noticed was the people. I couldn’t help it. People were literally packed together like meat in a sandwich. If one looked down from above I think it would just look like one giant mass. I know if I had to find a very important device like the canister there would be absolutely no way to do it. Therefore I can relate to Commander Olivetti’s dilemma. As a tourist you are overwhelmed with the vast amounts of space and rooms leading everywhere but I imagine I only saw a small fraction of the area the Vatican actually covers.
Olivetti doesn’t believe in the canister’s power and shows distrust with Langdon and Vittoria’s statements contributing to the problem. I think if I was in Olivettis position I would also be a bit skeptical of the situation and the unimaginable outcomes. The evacuation of the entire city in six hours and with the height of a new pope being sworn in contributes to the ramifications of the mass migration. This would not only cause mass confusion and challenges but the media would adhere to the problem and would end up trying to stay at the Vatican to film the live problem at the heart. What the Church has learned about the antimatter weapon seems surreal to them however the simple fact is that changes will have to be made and the evacuation could be a ideal option.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment